- Can I nominate more than one residency? No, we would appreciate your application focusing on one regional area.
- Can I post my application? No. Applications may only be submitted via the online form along with the application fee of $33 (inc GST).
- Can I apply again if I am unsuccessful this time? Yes you are welcome to apply again. If you are successful however we would not expect another application from you for three years.
- Can I bring my family? It may be possible for a partner, family members or friend to visit at their own expense during the residency however this would be subject to the agreement of the accommodation providers.
- Who will cover travel insurance? Writing Australia will ensure travel insurances are in place for the period of the residency.
- Will I be responsible for my own food? Yes you will be responsible for your own food and your stipend will assist you. A member of the local community will be in contact throughout the time.
- What creative outcomes are expected? These should be outlined in your project objectives and you will be asked to sign an agreement to deliver the expected outcomes.
- What if I get ill during my stay? We will deal with this on a case by case basis. A local doctor will be on hand to assist with any medical emergency. Travel insurance will cover the costs of postponed travel.
- Will you need to arrange your own local transport? Yes, while Writing Australia will cover your transport to and from your residency we can not cover the cost of transport in the local area. In some residencies it may be possible to take your own transport. We will advise of the local arrangements in each area.
- Will there be a nominated person to check in with? Yes there will be a member of the community who will be your main contact if anything should go wrong or you need urgent attention.
- How many community events will I be expected to present? Two events, negotiated with the community of choice. These events will be discussed before your residency begins.
- Will I be paid for these events? The first two events are a part of the agreement with the region. However further workshops or events can be negotiated for a fee and in consultation with Writing Australia.
- What time of year will be available? Each region will give two blocks of time when the residency is optimal.
- Will there be access to the internet and mobile coverage? No it is advisable to bring your own portable connections for remote areas. Internet access in the population centres and towns will be outlined.
- Can I split my residency over two or more blocks? No you will need to commit to a four-week period.
- How should I submit my application? Your application must be submitted via the online form.
- Will I be expected to report on the residency? Yes a short progress report will be required during the residency with a full report and at the conclusion of your time away. You will also be expected to acknowledge the major supporters of the program along with the regional community in any publication/production resulting from your residency.
- When is each location available?
1.Rockhampton, QlD: September or 14 October – 11 November
2. Lake St Clare Tas August 2012 /October
3. Bruny island Tas August – mid December
4. Kangaroo Island August – Mid December
5. Geraldton WA August ,- October
6. Orange NSW September-mid December
- Disclaimer: This information is correct at the time of posting and may be subject to change.